WPS Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at WPS Health Group
Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 10th Year in a Row - 2019 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
U.S. citizenship is required for this positions due to Department of Defense restrictions.
The Marklogic Developer is under general supervision, make modifications to moderately complex applications from detailed specifications. You will assist in the design, creation, deployment, and maintenance of programs. And demonstrate effective communication skills to interpret needs of clients and coordinate with other Information Systems teams.
In this role you will:
- Analyze and prepare specifications and documentation according to department standards. Code, test, and integrate applications.
- Provide in-depth analysis, design, and support for department applications and programs.
- Assist in research and issue resolution for processing of business data.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (both verbal and written) with coworkers, clients, and project managers.
- Translate technical details into business terminology to bridge gaps between clients and IT.
- Provide daytime and nighttime production support for applications to provide positive customer service.
- Act as technical lead on medium and large development efforts.
- Assist Quality Assurance teams in testing of applications.
- Peer review code and technical documents for other team members.
- Utilize source control software to maintain integrity of production software, including prior versions of code.
- Follow defined Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Change Control processes.
- Coordinate development activities with other teams, e.g. database management, infrastructure configuration, quality assurance testing.
- Provide technical assistance to clients in a professional and accommodating manner.
- Take leadership role on moderately complex projects independently or as part of a larger project team.
- Handle multiple competing initiatives and escalate issues effectively.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data processing degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field OR equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience
- 3 or more years of experience in Information Systems performing development work OR a combination of relevant experience and demonstrated ability to meet Information Systems Career Ladder Competencies which include Focus, Leadership, Design/Analysis, Support/Implementation, Strategy, Budget, and Analytic Ability
- Experience with object oriented development (OOP/OOD) using the Java programming language and popular libraries such as Apache, etc.
- Enterprise level solutions over developers who have built single node or app based solutions
- Knowledge of Internet protocols (HTTP, get, put, post, etc)
- RDBMS experience (SQL Server, DB2, etc) and Data centric solutions experience, E.g search applications, data warehouses, database centered solutions
- Experience developing web services using REST/JSON and SOAP/XML/WSDL/DTD
- Experience using multiple operating systems (Windows, Redhat, zOs)
In addition, we prefer:
- Knowledge of Apache Nifi
- Knowledge of SQL Server BI stack
- Experience with Marklogic and Gradle
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts