WPS Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Analyst (Health Insurance)
at WPS Health Group
This position will analyze data and provide recommendations to drive profitability and growth for the WPS Medicare Products (Medicare Supplement, PDP and additional future products).
In this role you will:
- Gather, organize, analyze and interpret marketing, financial, operating and claims data to improve profitability, competitiveness and grow the WPS Senior Products.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly budgets for Medicare Market Solutions unit.
- Research, compile, and analyze competitor rate and benefit information for Medicare products, reporting on similarities/differences and suggesting product improvements based on findings.
- Monitor commissions for accuracy and timeliness of payment and make recommendations to improve processes and reduce expenses.
- Assist in project evaluation by providing project costs and return on investment estimates.
- Inform management on financial performance and address major variances.
- Manage prescription drug event (PDE) reject resolution process, working closely with external Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) contacts.
- Support creation of enrollment, premium, and claims forecasts, requesting data queries from Actuarial Systems as necessary.
- Develop trend studies and monitor changes in medical/drug costs and utilization patterns regularly.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Love to analyze data to find trends
- Turn analytics into recommendations and actions
- Create efficiencies in reporting
- Work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Technically savvy
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Learning all aspects of the insurance business from sales and marketing to operations and claims
- Develop leadership skills by leading teams and driving change
- Involvement in the full product development cycle
- Learning about a new Medicare product coming soon
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Statistics, Accounting, or related field OR equivalent post high school education and/or work-related experience
- 3 or more years in data analytics, with intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong analytical and information synthesis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
We also prefer:
- 3 or more years specifically with Medicare products (PDP, Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Intermediate knowledge in MS PowerPoint and MS Access
- Exposure to computer programming language (SAS, SQL, etc.)
- Experience in data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
Links and descriptions for:
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin. With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts