WPS Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Citrix System Administrator
at WPS Health Group
Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 9th Year in a Row - 2018 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
The Citrix System Administrator is responsible for the installation, upgrade, and support of operating systems and assigned software products. You will identify and resolve operating system problems and interfaces with the appropriate IS staff as required. You will also provide technical assistance and direction to IS staff and clients as required. You will perform ongoing capacity analysis and tuning of the software products and operating systems to meet performance objectives.
In this role you will:
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
- Provide planning, analysis, implementation and testing of complex operating system software upgrades or new releases and assess any impact to other software products being utilized.
- Provide planning, analysis, implementation and testing of COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) software upgrades or new releases.
- Interface with appropriate staff or vendor during installation and in resolution of any problems.
- Provide technical expertise in the analysis and resolution of complex problems and takes appropriate action to ensure maintenance of stated performance objectives to maximize system availability and minimize response time.
- Determine backup/recovery requirements and ensures integration with disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide appropriate documentation/reports to management.
- Perform capacity/performance analysis, problem analysis, testing and tuning to ensure efficient use of resources. This includes the development of appropriate reporting ? Perform product evaluations including recommendations as to applicability to WPS.
- Provide comprehensive on-call support for assigned operating system(s) and software products in event of production malfunctions.
- Analyze, resolve and document modifications to the operating system in resolution of system malfunction
- Work with all IS staff and clients to determine the impact of new or revised applications on existing systems software.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
- Provide technical assistance to clients in a professional and accommodating manner.
- Take a leadership role on moderately complex projects independently or as part of a larger project team.
- Handle multiple competing initiatives and escalate issues effectively.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other Information
- Technology related field; OR equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience
Specialized coursework and/or vendor training courses in assigned operating system specialty
- 4 or more years in information systems performing system administration to include the skills as noted in attached skill set rider OR a combination of relevant experience and demonstrated ability to meet the Information Systems Career Ladder Competencies which include Focus, Leadership, Design/Analysis, Support/Implementation, Strategy, Budget and Analytic Ability.
- Design, build and completely administer XenApp and XenDesktop and apply advanced troubleshooting skills
- Design, build and completely administer a Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) environment
- Design, build and completely administer Citrix Infrastructure
- Design, build and completely administer Knowledge of Citrix XenServer or equivalent hypervisor
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain Citrix NetScaler
- Apply patches to all Windows Operating systems and software using automated patching tools such as; IBM’s End Point Manager or Microsoft SCCM
- Learn and maintain knowledge of security requirements and audit responses, specifically DoD, NIST, (and CMSR preferred) o Maintain familiarity with all Microsoft security/audit requirements and controls
- Develop/maintain documentation to meet security/audit requirements
- Apply system patching; experience in Review/Monitor Vendor Service Portal website and other vendor forums for updates/patches to keep systems up to date
- Familiarity with certificate application to end user devices
- Administer various security tools such as; McAfee Antivirus and McAfee Solidcore to secure the Windows environment
- Working knowledge of SQL related to Citrix
In addition, we prefer:
Citrix CCEE (Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer) or equivalent certification
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!