WPS Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Citrix System Administration
at WPS Health Group
Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 9th Year in a Row - 2018 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
The Associate Citrix System Administration assists in the installation, upgrade and support of operating systems and assigned software products. You will provide technical assistances and directions to IS staff and clients as required. You will also assist in the performance and tuning of operating systems and software products to meet performance objectives.
In this role you will:
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
System Administration (100%)
- Participates in installation and testing of operating system software upgrades or new releases and assess any impact to other software products being utilized.
- Participates in installation and testing of COTS (Commercial-Off -The-Shelf) software upgrades or new releases.
- Interfaces with appropriate staff or vendor during installation and in resolution of any problems.
- Provides technical consultation in the analysis and resolution of problems and takes appropriate action to ensure maintenance of stated performance objectives to maximize system availability and minimize response time.
- Assists in determination of backup/recovery requirements and integration with disaster recovery procedures.
- Participates in capacity/performance analysis, problem analysis, testing and tuning to ensure efficient use of resources. This includes the development of appropriate reporting.
- Assists in product evaluations including recommendations as to applicability to WPS.
- Provides on-call support for assigned operating system(s) and software products in event of production malfunctions. Analyzes, resolves, and documents modifications to the operating system in resolution of system malfunction.
- Works with all IS staff and clients to determine the impact of new or revised applications on existing systems software.
You should have:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other Information Technology related field; OR equivalent post high school education and/or work experience
- Specialized coursework and/or vendor training courses in assigned operating system specialty
1 or more year of experience in Information Systems performing system administration to include the skills as noted in attached skill set rider
Design, build and completely administer XenApp and XenDesktop and apply advanced troubleshooting skills
Design, build and completely administer a Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) environment
Design, build and completely administer Citrix Infrastructure
Design, build and completely administer Knowledge of Citrix XenServer or equivalent hypervisor
Support, troubleshoot and maintain Citrix NetScaler
Apply patches to all Windows Operating systems and software using automated patching tools such as; IBM’s End Point Manager or Microsoft SCCM
Learn and maintain knowledge of security requirements and audit responses, specifically DoD, NIST, (and CMSR preferred)
- Maintain familiarity with all Microsoft security/audit requirements and controls
- Develop/maintain documentation to meet security/audit requirements
- Apply system patching; experience in Review/Monitor Vendor Service Portal website and other vendor forums for updates/patches to keep systems up to date
- Familiarity with certificate application to end user devices
- Administer various security tools such as; McAfee Antivirus and McAfee Solidcore to secure the Windows environment
- Working knowledge of SQL related to Citrix
In addition, we prefer:
- Citrix CCEE (Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer) or equivalent certification
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!