The QTI Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Employee Experience
at The QTI Group
Responsibilities:Training & Development/Talent Management:
- Create, implement and provide guidance and expertise in program and process design (e.g. performance management, workforce planning, talent development, etc.), as well as managing execution and rollout.
- Support each line of business at a strategic level regarding performance management, talent identification, org design, career development, employee engagement, workforce and budget planning.
- Drive talent management and succession plan strategies and ensure that we are providing challenging opportunities with a particular focus on high performers/key talent. Develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Ensure that organization-wide talent management and performance management initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness to create a stronger culture of accountability.
- Define strategy and approach to recognition of talent at QTI to better attract, retain, and motivate talent. Include milestones, as well as day-to-day recognition and/or programs.
- Serve as an active partner to the COO’s, including regular check-ins to ensure we are being proactive with performance issues; help map out and implement the COOs’ people strategy.
- Partner with managers to determine and meet training needs for each role; assist with development plans and provide coaching on development and performance conversations.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments. Redefine and roll out updated performance management system. Listen to position needs and articulate this information into job descriptions.
- Own and manage the design and implementation of MT initiatives such as Q-Learn, Fireside Chats, Book Club, etc.
- Conduct presentations and training, including supervisory/leadership training, annual employee training, etc.
- Oversee and own the learning management system (i.e. content development, training, etc.) as it relates to internal HR needs, ensuring the system is being maximized to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of talent.
- This role is critical in the development of enterprise strategy. Define and execute one employee value proposition that provides cohesiveness for all lines of business under one brand; goal is to have one culture at QTI.
- Develop and execute short and long-range engagement and employee retention strategies, action plans and programs supporting QTI’s mission, vision, values and business goals.
- Serve as a centralized resource to own, actualize and roll out HR & Consulting joint initiatives.
- Partner with COOs to develop and implement a company-wide approach to create and maintain a highly engaged and productive workforce; work with Management Team on employee retention initiatives.
- Identify key pain points and opportunities that matter most to our employees to drive productivity and performance.
- Leads employee engagement enterprise-wide including measuring and tracking programs and initiatives through employee engagement surveys, pulse surveys and other key metrics.
- Facilitate the survey results review process and creation of action plans and follow up on progress, successes, and communication.
- Take the necessary actions to create an atmosphere conducive to the best possible employee-employer relationship. QTI strives to be an employer of choice; therefore, this role will recommend and advocate how to bring this to life.
- Direct and coordinate various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale (i.e. recognition program, wellness program, outings, etc.).
- Create a more formalized and strategic company onboarding process for QTI employees.
- Coach and mentor employees across the organization as part of creating an employee-driven development process.
- Research trends and share ideas in HR to keep moving QTI forward and abreast of the future of work.
- Conduct regular check-ins with COO’s, Branch Managers and others as needed.
- Serve on the Culture Committee and/or other committees.
- Develop policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Determine the appropriateness of introducing diversity initiatives and consider the unique needs of QTI.
- Develop training schedules to educate employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate and appreciate individual differences and how these can be bridged back to assist in meeting company business plans.
- Create or coordinate diversity training materials and coordinate training.
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of corporate diversity initiatives implemented and prepare quarterly reports to the Management Team on the value of the initiatives.
- Keep current on diversity programs by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, and professional development efforts).
- Serve as a champion and role model for QTI’s culture, values & mission and identify opportunities to continually strengthen those in each line of business and with the company overall.
- Define short-term and long-term strategy to promote a culture of accountability.
- Articulate and evolve QTI’s talent brand internally and externally; partner with Marketing team to use the QTI brand to strengthen talent branding initiatives including social media presence and candidate collateral.
- Ensure robust people analytics and management data are used to gain insights for talent decisions, workforce planning and shaping the employee experience strategy.
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR onboarding program, including enhancement of pre-boarding services, as well as overseeing and orchestrating change of status and offboarding programs.
- Work with supporting functions to drive strategies, processes and alignment for compensation, recruiting, engagement, etc. to support business goals. Coordinate and administer with internal partners/departments as follows:
- QTI HR: partner with members of QTI HR, which is part of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). Work with the PEO for payroll processing, HRIS system, new hire onboarding, annual benefits enrollment, etc. Work hand-in-hand with the HR Business Partner(s) assigned to The QTI Group for HR-related needs.
- QualiTemps & Executive & Professional Search: partner with both lines of business to ensure we are attracting and hiring the right internal candidates at QTI.
- Total Rewards Consulting: partner with Consulting team regarding internal compensation (i.e. base pay, incentive plans, etc.) and total rewards.
- Engagement: partner with the engagement practice to deliver the annual employee engagement survey, analyze results and make recommendations to the MT.
- Management Team (MT): partner with MT members on succession planning, employee engagement, talent development, etc. for their teams.
- Leadership Council (all managers and MT members): work with managers on many of the items listed in this job description (i.e. talent development/training needs for their employees, employee relations issues, coaching and mentoring managers, etc.).
- Accounting: partner with the Accounting department for merit increases, bonus plans, variable pay program (VPP) plan, etc.
- Marketing: partner with the Marketing department regarding employment branding, corporate social responsibility, etc.
- Safety & Compliance: partner with the department regarding unemployment insurance claims, background checks, workers compensation claims and return-to-work.
- Legal: partners with external legal counsel as necessary. Oversee internal employee complaints and/or investigations.
- IT: partner with IT for new hire setup and IT-related needs throughout the employee life cycle to offboarding of employees.
The QTI Group is a privately owned human resources and staffing organization. Specializing in the placement of industrial, administrative, professional, and executive talent, we partner with you to understand your career goals and advise you on opportunities. Our wide reaching network lets us offer you more choices at all skill levels with flexible placement options.
Our staffing services team has a variety of flexible placement options available in the administrative, light industrial, and skilled industrial areas. From temporary to temp-to-hire to direct placement, we have you covered. For professionals and executives, you can count on our tenured and certified recruiters to help you advance your career with leading corporations and professional services providers.
When you partner with The QTI Group in your job search, you’ll have access to our expertise and services at NO cost to you! We offer weekly paychecks, direct deposit, free computer tutorials and bilingual resources. But best of all, our wide reaching network lets us offer you more opportunities to consider. To access our home page please click here.
Join The QTI Group Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience or knowledge.
- 7+ years of broad HR experience, including talent management and performance management.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred. This could also be SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Culture design and transformation experience highly preferred with a focus on change management implementing enterprise-wide initiatives; keen ability to drive change: to transform, align and inspire.
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan.
- Experience leveraging engagement data to develop and implement programs/changes that drive measured results.
- Proactive self-starter with outstanding organizational and project management skills managing multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Successful experience consulting with all levels of management
- Innate ability to effectively build relationships by establishing trust, credibility and adding value quickly through the demonstration of strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with inclusion and diversity programs preferred.