Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Controller in Madison, WI at Tekni-Plex, Inc
at Tekni-Plex, inc
Business Unit: Flexible Packaging
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
Position: Plant Controller
The Plant Controller is the financial leader at the plant and is a key member of the plant leadership team. This role has overall financial responsibility for: Plant Income/Loss Statements, Balance Sheet, Business budgets, forecasts, and internal controls. Plant Controller is also responsible for GAAP and statutory accounting, cost accounting, business analysis, market product segmentation, financial and operational reporting, production/inventory/labor optimization as well as capital investments.
- This position requires the ability to analyze and interpret complex financial and operational data, leads efforts to identify cost reduction and productivity recommendations by partnering with plant leadership team and other functional areas. The Plant Controller must also have the interpersonal skills to successfully lead teams and collaborate with others to implement recommendations and drive change initiatives.
- Manage the monthly closing and ensure monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts are performed and are accurate.
- Coordinate and participate in physical inventories and ensure inventory is reported accurately.
- Proactively identifies manufacturing cost trends that impact the business and financial results.
- Works closely with the Plant Manager to produce accurate and timely financial analysis.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Requires a proven background, record of success and proven mix of financial accounting and operational experiences.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business field with more then 7-10 years’ experience; CPA and or MBA preferred with strong GAAP knowledge.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and hands on knowledge of manufacturing systems and link to financial reporting and performance interpretation.
- Experience in understanding customer and market segmentation.
- Good verbal/written communication skills as well as interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are critical for excelling in this position.
- Detail oriented, Excellent skills in advanced Excel and business modelling
Non-Essential Job Duties: Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Job Qualifications, Equipment and/or Experience:
- Basic knowledge of procedural technique or processes.
- Minimum 36 months experience in a production/manufacturing organization.
- Understanding of machine function and process capability, preferred.
- Self-directed individual.
- Must be a good example for safety rules, evidenced by proper safe
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .