Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Technician in Madison, WI at Tekni-Plex, Inc
at Tekni-Plex, inc
Business Unit: Flexible Packaging
Virtual Position: No
Union Position: No
This position is responsible for the general maintenance functions of production equipment and plant facilities in addition to electronic system and component diagnosis and repair. Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and perform moderate to complex repairs. Must have thorough knowledge of functions and operations of all process and associated support equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES* include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, installs and programs production equipment using mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic blueprints. This includes but is not limited to:
- C. and D.C. drives
- controllers such as speed, temperature, and pressure
- Working knowledge of electrical motors
- Analyzes electronic problems and performs repairs to manufacturing equipment and systems; recommends corrective action, and makes electrical or other type repairs, or, modifications as approved by supervisor
- Design and fabrication of new equipment
- Modifying existing equipment
- Working in cooperation with Engineering, Technical, and Production supervisory when directed
- Has thorough understanding of equipment, the functions and operational procedures.
- Read and interpret electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams and schematics.
- Maintains all electronic equipment through preventative maintenance program.
- Complete knowledge of all manufacturing support equipment.
- Understands the basic principles of the extrusion and production processes and materials used.
- Uses electronic test equipment such as logic meter, digital pulsar, amp meters, etc. Uses all hand equipment and power tools.
- Follows and participates in plant safety/housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment – which includes but is not limited to fire alarm inspection, fire extinguisher inspection, housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained, wearing personal protective equipment (eye protection, hearing protection and gloves) when appropriate, Repairing production equipment, plant equipment and related systems, particularly when concerned with electronic malfunctioning
- The authority to withhold equipment that does not meet all requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2 years of trade school (electronics) or a minimum of five years direct electronic experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to use precision measuring devices, such as micrometer, calipers and squares. Must be PC literate and capable of upgrading PC’s (installing hard drives, disk drives, reconfigurations, etc.)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and legibly complete time cards and work orders. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and read blueprints and technical drawings, such as machine, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic schematics.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.*
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic, flammable or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Will be required to travel via car between the locations and to run errands for the department.
*The job duties, physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where possible, reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions where it does not cause undue hardship or safety risks to the company and/or the employee.
Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .