Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Front End Web Developer
at TDS Corporation
- TDS Telecom
TDS Telecommunications LLC. (TDS®), a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S and a growing force in the cable industry. #TDS provides 1.2 million connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services in more than 150 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities. For residential customers, TDS deploys 1Gig Internet access, IPTV service, cable TV options, and traditional wireline services. The company offers businesses advanced solutions, including: VoIP (managedIP Hosted voice), high-speed Internet fiber optics, data networking, and hosted-managed services.
The Sr. Front End Web Developer is responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution under the general direction of a team lead. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to participating on major system projects.
Applications may include custom developed software, commercial packaged software, or open-source software. Software may consist of on premise applications, cloud-based software and services, hybrid configurations, integration tools, or business workflow tools.
Technology Competencies include:
- Proficient with HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with single page app concepts
- Familiarity with Responsive Designs
- Familiarity with common CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or Semantic UI
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Selenium, Enzyme
- Familiarity with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Develops, tests, and fixes defects in application software from overall application designs prepared by senior staff under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Designs application software at the module level under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Creates work estimates (effort and duration) of work assignments for inclusion into project plans under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Resolves routine technical problems with systems under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Maintains working knowledge on the systems and tools within the scope of the team's responsibility. Maintains working-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies.
- Actively participates in quality and continuous improvement initiatives within the scope of the team's responsibility.
- Maintains basic knowledge of the technologies and practices of the company's chosen markets.
- Associates degree (or higher) –OR- 2+ years professional work experience.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Proficient with HTML5/CSS3
- Experience with Linux & Windows Servers.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of one more programming languages used by the team.
- Knowledge of software testing practices and tools.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques and tools.
- Ability to travel as needed for company business and professional development.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for system implementations and resolving system problems.
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.