Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance – Analysis and Reporting Intern
at TDS Corporation
- TDS Telecom
**Please note this is a year round internship.**
Who is TDS Telecom?
TDS Telecom, the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. TDS Telecom provides 1.1 million connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services to customers in more than a hundred rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities. TDS Telecom offers businesses the latest communications solutions, including: VoIP (managedIP Hosted) phone service, dedicated high-speed Internet and hosted-managed services. Please visit tdstelecom.com or tdsbusiness.com for more information.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., operates OneNeck® IT Solutions LLC, TDS Baja Broadband LLC, and BendBroadband. Combined, the company employs nearly 2,700 people.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000™ company, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 5.8 million customers nationwide through its subsidiaries TDS Telecom and U.S. Cellular®. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Chicago, Telephone and Data Systems employs 9,700 people. Please visit tdsinc.com for more information.
Why Join TDS Telecom?
- An employer that places priority on employee development and training with a key focus on internal promotion
- Company culture emphasizes ethics & promotes a healthy life/work balance with a business casual work environment
- A challenging, fast-paced environment due to the continually evolving nature of the telecommunications industry and related technology
- Opportunity to work with talented and dedicated team members committed to each individual’s success
- TDS Telecom actively supports many local charities, University of Wisconsin activities, and community events and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities
- Obtain frequent exposure to, and interaction with, management across TDS Telecom
What Sets TDS Apart From the Competition?
TDS has a laser focus on our customers that is supported by a great culture driven by the TDS mission and shared values. TDS strongly believes in partnering with local communities throughout the country and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities.
Here are some of the things we do in Madison:
- Collect and distribute food and toys for local charities at the holidays
- Provide many hours of bell ringing for the Salvation Army
- Donate hundreds of pints of blood through bi-monthly blood drives
- Provide numerous employee volunteers to Meals on Wheels
- Conduct multiple fund raisers for a wide variety of organizations such as: National MS Society (WI Chapter), American Cancer Society and the Madison Literacy Council
About the Financial Analysis & Reporting Internship Opportunity:
The position is responsible for assisting the Strategic Planning & Financial Analysis team in reporting on financial results and key operational metrics. Under direct supervision, this intern will provide assistance in support of one or more of the following: preparation of monthly analysis reporting, developing new reporting processes and tools, working as a Finance/Strategy liaison with operational business unit managers for ad hoc analysis of key business drivers and/or participate in strategic planning/financial analysis project-related activities as assigned.
The Analysis and Reporting Intern may have responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Assist in assembling financial and operational statistics and evaluates for anomalies from budget and forecast
- Prepares financial schedules for executive and corporate review that explain current month performance
- Report on strategic elements of the business including operational, network, and sales and marketing components
Support Data-Driven Decision Making Processes:
- Conduct data modeling and critical review of various data sets and metrics, including ad hoc data analysis as requested of the Strategic Planning & Financial Analysis team members
- Assist in the financial modelling, documentation, and reporting of business processes, while working with operational unit staff and using data from various systems
- Currently pursuing BS, BA, or AA degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- 1 + semester of related accounting or finance course work required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Strong technical aptitude, particularly in the development of Excel spreadsheets
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks
- Solid work ethic and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and on team assignments
- Knowledge of, or proven ability to learn, wide range of analytic tools: trend analysis, price volume analysis, statistics & ratios