Summit Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Summit Credit Union
At Summit, we have a passion for empowering people to improve their financial well-being. We love to help members save more, pay off debt, set goals and reduce stress. We don’t sell products, we build relationships.
Summit Credit Union is looking for a proven leader, collaborative, team-player who is capable of differentiating the member experience to fill our Baraboo branch as a Branch Manager. Whether related to car loans, mortgages, credit cards or lines of credit, Summit wants our members to know that we are here for them. This is where you come in! The Branch Manager will foster a member-focused approach to developing business relationships, build a strong team and promote the benefits of joining Summit.
- Develop the performance of branch staff.
- Provide and oversee on-the-job training to branch staff regarding products, procedures, systems and other tools used to serve members
- Coach employees in all areas of performance and personal skill development.
- Develop staff in preparation for advancement to key positions as opportunities arise within branch operations and throughout the organization.
- Working with Assistant Manager, set performance goals with staff and monitor/review progress.
- Address performance issues and manage toward improvement. Develop and submit improvement plans and formal disciplinary actions.
- Coach employees toward continuously raising standards of member service, quality and relationship building.
- Ensure Assistant Manager is fully able to develop their direct reports following these same responsibilities.
- Set the tone for a professional working environment through diplomatic interactions with all employees.
2. Develop a differentiating member experience.
- Ensure and monitor member satisfaction is a result of branch interactions and processes.
- Provide real-time coaching to staff on the basic skills of service and more advanced skills of building member relationships.
- Assess daily workload, identify workflow issues and resolve to ensure that priorities are met. This may include temporary reassignment of staff.
- Keep abreast of all promotions, new or changed products, etc. and ensure that branch staff is informed and working effectively toward goals.
- Field member suggestions, comments and complaints to re-establish member satisfaction, utilizing service recovery when appropriate.
- Serve members as necessary, participating in all aspects of service delivery as needed.
3. Lead branch growth and development.
- Lead branch toward branch goals and branch budget.
- Compile, analyze and effectively use information on volumes and productivity to evaluate branch and individual performance.
- Establishes branch goals relative to corporate planning and coordinate the activities to achieve them.
- Actively assesses and plans community development and business growth opportunities for assigned branches and targeted demographic areas.
- Coach and develop staff to provide expert level support to members and employees on digital channels such as online banking, mobile app, bill payer, payments, transfers, mobile wallets and remote deposit. This includes handling member questions and feedback professionally, and researching member accounts.
4. Ensure the efficiency of operations and security of the branch.
- Monitor and coordinate branch performance according to approved policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective service to members.
- Oversee all safety and security related procedures, ensures improvements are implemented as necessary.
- Ensure branch cash and security procedures are being followed and met.
- Work with Risk Management and other staff to improve security and branch procedures.
- Ensure branch cash amounts are consistently maintained within approved guidelines.
5. Provide organization support and administrative duties.
- a. Escalate all branch issues, progress, and updates to manager.
- b. Participate in corporate planning and implementation.
- c. Collect and analyze branch data to assist in efficient operations, recommendations and process improvements.
- Knowledge equivalent to the completion of a Bachelors degree in a Business-related field, with emphasis in finance, banking or management.
- Must have or be able to attain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number.
- A minimum of three years retail financial experience including a minimum of three years in a management or supervisory capacity and one year consumer lending experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated problem solving and decision making ability
- Thorough understanding of financial principles and comprehensive knowledge of branch operations, financial service industry and common products and services.
- Ability to methodically manage both individuals and teams toward high performance and the attainment of organizational goals.
- Ability to plan and set goals for branch that support organizational objectives and in coordination with other areas and functions.
- Customer service knowledge and skills, as applicable to the Credit Union setting.
- Ability to plan and set goals for branch that support organizational objectives.
- This is not your typical “smile-and-dial” environment. We work hard, collaborate, and have fun!
- You have a voice in the process – be a part of a team.
- Health, dental, life, 401(k) with match.
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan payback.
- PTO, paid volunteer time, and your birthday off!
- Business casual work environment.
At Summit Credit Union, we are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. We embrace diversity and believe that inclusion is critical to our success as a credit union. Different makes us better. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Pay Grade: 10