St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital
The Cook is responsible for preparing, seasoning, cooking andbaking items for patients, cafeteria, Meals-On-Wheels, Childcare Center andspecial functions. Participates in tray line service and delivering late traysto patients. Assumes responsibility for necessary decision making in absence ofsupervisors. Participates in HACCP program to ensure food safety. Washes potsand pans and performs additional cleaning duties.
- Communicates directly with supervisor and director problems / concerns / ideas and uses communication tools within the department.
- Is here during scheduled hours and does not abuse meal and break times.
- Completes assigned work within time allotted.
- Portions and serves food correctly for patient tray line and late trays while making appropriate diet changes for patients.
- Assists in preparing, portioning, and serving food in cafeteria and completes vending machine requests.
- Completes and documents cleaning, temperatures and participates in HACCP program.
- Keeps work areas well stocked and orderly.
- Rotates and puts stock away in appropriate places and labels/Dates for storage.
- Food is prepared correctly as stated on the menu, appropriate for ordered diet and meeting standards of quality, safety and nutrition.
- Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions minimizing waste and leftovers appropriately.
- Assumes responsibility for decision making in the absence of supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Current Driver's License and ability to safely drive a company vehicle and comply with the Company's Fleet/Driver Safety Program
- Minimum age requirement is 16
- Ability to read and write and must be able to interpret written directions and recipes
- Experience in institutional food service desirable
St. Clare Hospital – Baraboo –
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognizedleader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acutecare, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependencytreatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospicefacility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations inthe surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.