sleep number beds
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Home Delivery & Assembly Technician - Signing Bonus
at sleep number beds
- Req. #
At Sleep Number we take pride in our products, and we’re passionate about how they improve our customers’ lives. If you share those values, then come on board! We are seeking a Home Delivery Driver & Assembly Technician to join our team. We will consider Entry Level and experienced candidates – no previous driving experience or CDL required!
In this Retail Support position, you will not only deliver our exceptional product, but you will also provide our customers with quality service that includes assembly and demonstration of the Sleep Number Bed. Additionally, as a Home Delivery Technician, you will visit existing customers to provide warranty services and conduct troubleshooting.
This position's schedule is Part-Time (typically Thursday thru Saturday). The number of hours worked depend on the number of deliveries scheduled.
As a Home Delivery Technician, you will conduct installation and service visits in customer's homes. You will deliver, relocate, assemble, and repair products to specifications. You will present the bed and/or system in a manner that validates the sale by the customer, establishing confidence in the product’s features and benefits.
Other responsibilities of the Delivery role include:
- Operating a company and/or leased vehicle while meeting safety and DOT standards
- Ensuring that all daily schedules and work assignments are properly completed
- Reporting work completion or status of uncompleted assignments
- Ensuring that all work is conducted in an efficient, quality, and professional manner
- Following all standard operating procedures
- Working on a team with a peer and/or providing guidance to a temporary worker
- Ensuring tools, boxes, and products are placed in a safe place
- Communicating effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Embracing, advocating, and modeling Sleep Number’s goals, mission, vision, and values
- Complying with all safety rules, regulations, and training
- Maintaining safe working conditions
In the Home Delivery role, you must be able to work independently and communicate well with customers and other staff members. You must have good mechanical and problem solving skills. The right candidate will bring a diverse skillset, take pride and dedication in their work, and be customer-focused. Previous delivery and driving experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Other requirements of the Technician role include:
- Must be at least 21-years-old.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (CDL not required) and a clean driving record.
- Previous furniture delivery, appliance delivery, cable or other home installation experience, preferred.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Must be able to work with common hardware and power tools.
- Possess first-rate communication skills – for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to service customers and demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 200 lbs. with help of a lifting partner multiple times per day, perform repetitive bending and twisting motions, push/pull and lift at or above chest level, climb in and out of the cab and box truck and move mattresses up and down staircases, perform firm hand grips of >50lbs consistently.
- Knowledge of smartphone technology and basic understanding of wireless networks
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including Saturdays
- Must pass Department of Transportation Physical, Drug Screen, and Back Assessment
- Must pass a criminal background check
At Sleep Number, we believe that by embracing individuality amongst our employees, we create a wonderful and memorable experience for our customers. We provide flexible schedules and an excellent paid training in a supportive environment. The Home Delivery Technician role comes with a competitive hourly pay, plus bonus potential and excellent benefits!
Other benefits of the Technician role include:
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Company Issued Smart Phone
- Significant Employee Discounts
- And Much More!
Home Furniture Delivery Driver & Assembly Technician - Field Technician - Customer Service - Installer - Repair Technician - Entry Level Driver - Retail
Join the Sleep Number Team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.