Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Development Officer - Colombia
at Samaritan's Purse
We're searching for a Program Development Officer who has a passion to share the Gospel and serve in Latin America. We invite you to apply to this role where you'll have a career with impact!
The Program Development Officer (PDO) will have the opportunity to coordinate the design and implementation of programs and grant proposals along with the development of donor relationships for the Colombia office. The PDO will also provide technical assistance during project cycle implementation, monitoring and the close-out process.
Spouse accompaniment only
- Develop programming through writing concept papers, proposals and budgets for Samaritan’s Purse - Colombia using best practices and lessons learned in coordination with appropriate program units.
- Build relationships on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse-Colombia with bilateral donors, International Non-governmental Organizations, and other agencies.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse - Colombia in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor/partner meetings.
- Monitor and be aware of upcoming agency Calls for Proposal and proactively inform the Country Director (CD) of upcoming opportunities.
- Support program implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of program activities, keeping track of key lessons learned.
- Assist the Country Director with strategic planning and the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of newly funded programs.
- Build capacity of Samaritan’s Purse - Colombia field staff in general program development skills, behavior change communication, and quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Bachelors or master's degree in International Development preferred but not required; minimum of three years’ experience in program management and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Strong English and Advanced Spanish written and oral communication skills.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports.
- Knowledge of basic program development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such but not limited to the UN, WFP, and USAID.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
- Desire to help lead people to knowledge of Jesus Christ that transforms situations.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)