Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sterile Processing Tech, Mercyhealth Trauma Center, Day/PM 11:00a-7:00p, 72hrs/2wks
Active Full Time Hourly (80 ppp) FTE 1.0
Work Hours: 1100-1900
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
• Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
• Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
• An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
• Mercyhealth Trauma Center (MHTC) Sterilization
• Sign on bonus “Ask us about your sign on bonus eligibility!”
• Every other weekend and Holiday rotation
Essential duties and Responsibilities
Follows department procedures and manufacturers' written instructions for use (IFU) to perform the following duties with exceptional accuracy:
• Disassembles, inspects, and prepares instruments for manual or mechanical decontamination following Universal Precautions and proper use of PPE at all times.
• Loads and operates mechanical washers and ultrasonic cleaners. Manually decontaminates and disinfects instruments as appropriate.
• Inspects clean instruments for damage and tests for proper function and sharpness.
• Assembles all instrument procedure sets according to the prescribed manner using tray lists as a guide. Replaces missing instruments as required to complete instrument sets.
• Prepares instruments for sterilization using aseptic technique, including wrapping or packaging for sterilization, using chemical indicators, and properly marking packages with identifying data.
• Loads and operates steam and hydrogen peroxide sterilizers.
• Uses biological, chemical, and process indictors appropriately, and reviews and documents results in appropriate logs. Reviews physical monitoring printouts to confirm cycle parameters.
• Picks supplies and instruments to prepare case carts according to procedural preference lists. Inspects packaging for damage to ensure integrity of sterility for all items, and inspects all items for outdates before distributing to customers.
• Performs high-level disinfection of endoscopes. Loads and operates automatic endoscope reprocessors.
• Answers telephone and responds to customer routine and urgent requests for supplies, instruments, and case carts in a professional and expedient manner at all times.
• Notifies department leadership of facility and equipment problems, and submits work requests as needed.
• Maintains assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to meet standards for handling clean and sterile items, and to maintain a safe work environment.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all surgical instrumentation. Maintains a working knowledge of instrument assembly and tracking software.
• Performs rounds to nearby clinical departments to deliver sterile instrumentation and retrieve used instrumentation.
• Cleans non-critical patient care equipment between uses.
• Assists with counting and stocking of surgical supply inventory.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Function of the position with or without accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, stoop and crouch; use hands to feel, handle, and manipulate; lift up to 50 pounds; push and pull up to 200 pounds. Specific sensory abilities that the employee must rely on include color vision, near vision, depth perception, and sense of hot and cold.