Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Hospital - Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Janesville WI, 64hrs/2wks
Active Part Time Hourly (40-59 ppp) FTE .5-.74
Work Hours: variable start time from 0700 till 1100
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
• Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
• Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
• An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
• Post Anesthesia Care Unit - Janesville WI
• Shift start time between 7am - 11am; variable per schedule
On Call requirements: 1 night of call every 7 days: Call from end of shift until 0700 the next day including week days and weekends.
1 holiday call day per year.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
• Utilizes the nursing process and critical thinking in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members in caring for patients.
• Performs assessments, planning, intervention and evaluation of care
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques, policies and procedures, standards of care, and state laws/practice act as required by care setting.
• Ensures all documentation is accurate and comprehensive in accordance with the established standards of care for documentation at the system and entity levels.
• Develops initiates and executes a patient plan of care according to the patient’s individualized needs, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital policy. Utilizes resources available to teach and support patient and family education. Provides education to the appropriate level of understanding.
• Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities, which may include shared governance.
• Utilizes clinical expertise & guidance to other units/departments in support of the patient’s longitudinal plan of care. Acts to resolve systems breakdowns and engages self and others in providing solutions
• Utilizes critical thinking in regards to patient safety and patient experience, manages complex situations and delegates to other staff appropriately. Escalates to the appropriate chain of command as needed.
• Positively influences the professional and organizational environments and shared governance.
• Engages in personal development and supports system-entity opportunities for continuous learning and growth including developing or revising evidence based practice guidelines.
• Supports and participates in peer review and peer feedback opportunities.
• Participates in the professional nursing continuum
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
BSN or upon hire BSN completion agreement for enrollment in an accredited BSN Completion Program.
If hired prior to 1-1-17 in Winnebago county and 9-1-14 in Rock, Walworth and McHenry County an ADN is required. May require specific years of applicable experience to qualify (per department guidelines)
Licensed as an RN in state of practice
Approved CPR certification required within 90 days (Other certification per unit requirements: ACLS, PALS, PEARS, NRP)
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Function of the position with or without accommodations.
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.