Rock County, Wisconsin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Support Director
at Rock County, Wisconsin
- Position Summary and Job Duties
This is administrative work directing the County's Child Support Program. The incumbent develops, coordinates and monitors the Child Support Program in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and County policies.
Analyze state statutes, state policies, and Federal regulations and set up procedural policies within the department to conform to the child support guidelines and laws.
1. Provide direction to supervisors and staff regarding laws, procedures, and policies.
2. Coordinate the activities of the department with various local, state and federal agencies, and execute cooperative agreements with each county agency involved in the child support program.
3. Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with state and county departments, attorneys, and the general public.
4. Inform parents/clients of the procedures needed to comply with the various federal rules and regulations of the program in a way that both maximizes the payment of obligations and minimizes hardship.
5. Implement and monitor methods to improve the overall performance of the department, including through state and federal performance measures.
6. Prepare and present detailed written and oral reports.
7. Prepare required audit reports for state and federal auditors; issue procedures to implement audit recommendations.
8. Supervise the preparation of various reports, both fiscal and statistical.
9. Respond to complaints filed by the public or child support officials regarding staff actions or agency policies.
Supervise and direct the overall operation of the department.
1. In conjunction with the supervisors, interview, select, direct, and evaluate the staff of the department, and address any personnel issues that may arise.
2. Develop positive working relationships with and among department staff.
3. Prepare the annual department budget and State contract; maintain knowledge of budgetary expenditures to stay within approved budget and contract.
4. Provide guidance to employees in the department concerning effective child support enforcement procedures and techniques.
Provide public information and education as to the services available and the purpose of the child support program.
Perform related work as required.
- Success Factors (KSA's)
· Thorough knowledge of the state and federal laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to the operation of a child support agency.
· Considerable knowledge of the procedures used by other county departments involved with the child support agency.
· Considerable knowledge of modern administrative, managerial, accounting and supervisory principles and practices.
· Considerable knowledge of family law, legal procedures and court procedures.
· Ability to coordinate the activities of a function that crosses departmental lines of authority and involves the work of employees of other county departments.
· Ability to work independently, exercise judgment, and effectively utilize authority.
· Ability to prepare written and oral reports and records.
· Ability to select, plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, state and county departments, and the general public.
· Ability to effectively negotiate with different levels of individu
- Job Requirements, Education, Training & Experience
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in business administration, criminal justice, psychology, sociology or related field; and
· Three years responsible work experience in child support or closely related field; and
· Supervisory experience; or
· An equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the above knowledge, abilities and skills
- Essential Job Functions (physical elements, equipment and working conditions)
- Ability to stand, walk and sit.
- Ability to exert up to 20 lbs of force occasionally or up to 10 lbs of force frequently
- Ability to use computer and computer keyboard.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Almost all indoor work in an office setting.