Navitus Health Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Programmer Analyst, IT (Web/Mobile)
at Navitus Health Solutions
LocationMadison Campus: Madison, Wisconsin
College degree (2 or 4 year program) typically in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering. A minimum of 2 years of professional programming work experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of source control tools such as TFS and GitHub.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
The Programmer Analyst ensures efforts are in alignment with the IT Member Services team to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The Programmer Analyst's role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain existing applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Collaborate with analysts, developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Modify and write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.