Navitus Health Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technican I - Specialty Pharmacy
at Navitus Health Solutions
LocationLumicera Madison: Madison, Wisconsin
- Certified Pharmacy Technician, through PTCB, strongly preferred.
- Wisconsin - Certified CPhT highly desired. Must attain CPhT certification, through PTCB, within 12 months of hire.
- Arizona - Must be a licensed pharmacy technician trainee in the state of AZ. Must attain CPhT certification, through PTCB, within 12 months of hire.
- High school diploma or GED. College strongly preferred.
- Minimum one year pharmacy support experience or healthcare environment experience required.
- Preferred understanding of Specialty Pharmacy drugs including REMS and Limited Distribution Products best practices.
Shifts may vary based on department needs. Hours of operation are 8 am to 7 pm Monday thru Thursday and 8 am to 6 pm on Friday.
Under direction of the Pharmacist-in-Charge and other pharmacists in the Specialty Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Technician is primarily responsible for assisting the pharmacist in obtaining all the necessary information for dispensing and adjudicating a medication correctly. The Pharmacy Technician's main objective is to answer phone calls and contact the doctors and patients via fax or phone or other communication means. The Pharmacy Technician is also responsible for accurately translating prescription information and all other information obtained to dispense the medication into the pharmacy dispensing software. The Pharmacy Technician may also be responsible for selecting the medication to be dispensed, attaching the prescription label to the medication, and ensuring all prescription information is packaged with the dispensed medication in advance of a final check by the pharmacist. The Specialty Pharmacist is accountable for verifying the prescription and medication in a final check prior to its shipping. The Pharmacy Technician may be responsible for obtaining and verifying patient information including demographics, allergies, medication history, comorbidities, and payer information. This position will function with and assist any other area in the facility as needed with regard to technician type duties.
- Responsible for answering the inbound calls from patients, prescribers, and other healthcare professionals.
- Responsible for contacting doctors to obtain necessary prescription information to properly fill a prescription.
- Responsible for managing the queues and working oldest orders first.
- Responsible for the correct shipment of the specialty pharmacy orders.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate inventory of pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, including ordering, receipt, verification of orders, and stocking of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the pharmacist lead/upper management.
- The Employee will act in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and with the highest ethical standards that we consistently strive to achieve. Thus, legal and ethical compliance is an essential duty of each employee.
- May be asked to perform other duties as requested by Supervisor.