Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Officer, Annual Giving
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
University of Wisconsin selected Legends Global Sales to assist in the marketing and development of Camp Randall’s upcoming south end zone renovation. Once completed, this project will provide various new premium seating options with Camp Randall, Wisconsin’s football stadium. In addition to the premium seating offerings associated with the renovation, Legends has been hired to oversee and manage various areas within Wisconsin Athletics, Development and Marketing department. Legends focus with the goal of driving revenue around the new premium seating offerings, athletic ticketing (football, men’s basketball, men’s hockey), annual athletic donations, and grow the overall connectivity and engagement with all Badger fans.
Legends is currently seeking a team member with a positive, results-oriented approach to collegiate athletic fundraising, who can communicate clearly across all platforms and work diligently to advance and support Wisconsin’s 23 Varsity sports and more than 800 student athletes. The Development Officer team is responsible for engaging with existing Wisconsin Athletics donors and ticket holders, while also identifying new athletic donor prospects. Development Officer should be results driven, possess an optimistic team-first attitude and a desire to be the best. The Development Officer team will work under the guidance of the Manager of Annual Development.
- This position will be focused on cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding Athletic Annual Fund donors.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of 250-300 Athletic Annual Fund prospects and donors which includes primarily individuals with specific affiliation and/or giving interest to Wisconsin Athletics.
- Work to establish and manage effective relationships with prospects and annual fund donors.
- Effectively use Salesforce CRM to maintain accurate records of all client and prospect interactions.
- Identify and evaluate potential donors; design and implement prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to meet monthly and annual goals.
- Assist with managing and stewarding existing pledges and payments from unassigned donors.
- Serve as a point of contact for general donor inquiries that come in through phone, email, social media or phonathon.
- Reach and exceed individual and team sales goals
- Using primarily online digital strategies, in addition to phone and in-person outreach, you will cultivate our donors’ relationship with Wisconsin, solicit their support of University priorities, and steward their generosity.
- You will collaborate with teams across University Development to ensure we are implementing a successful approach to identify, qualify and solicit donors to increase the engagement of supporters for the Wisconsin Athletic Annual Fund, helping to meet unrestricted dollar goals and undergraduate alumni participation goals.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours, weekends, events and game days
- The candidate will be accountable for certain levels of activity (calls made/appointments set) and goals
- Work non-traditional hours including: weekends, events and game-days.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of prior sales and fundraising experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in the professional or collegiate sports and entertainment industry is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to learn and master software programs including Salesforce CRM and Paciolan.
- Ability to handle heavy volume of outbound and inbound phone calls and emails.
- Effectively communicate with donors and C-level clients.
- Resourceful, innovative and forward thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Candidate should possess an optimistic team-first attitude, as well as a competitive desire to be the best
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Word and Excel.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.