Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at InfoSec Institute
Infosec is a fast-growing, stable software company with amazing opportunities to start or grow your career. We’ve been fighting cybercrime since 2004 and are on a mission to equip everyone with the latest security education and skills so the good guys win. It’s ambitious. It’s rewarding. It’s what we do every day. And we’re looking for bright, passionate new team members to join us.
At Infosec, you’ll be surrounded and supported by bright, ambitious co-workers who share a relentless passion for innovation, collaboration, curiosity and getting things done. There’s no our way or the highway here. We believe good ideas can come from anyone — open doors and open ears mean your voice can make a real difference.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be contributing directly to our newest product: Infosec Skills. Our newest training product has hundreds of on-demand courses, hands-on labs and practice assessments all streamlined for our customers to easily navigate. This means that your work is directly on display for our customers and your commitment to quality code shows.
Our development team is highly collaborative because each member brings a unique perspective and solid development skills. You like working in a fast-paced environment and seeing results in real-time. You like that you can be a mentor, mentee, trusted advisor, and key individual contributor in one role because our team is dynamic. Cyber security is a mission you can get behind and you understand how your work not only affects our products but also how our products address the growing gap in cyber security knowledge.
What you bring to this role
Agile. We are deliberate about applying agile practices to how we work. You appreciate the advantages of working in short development sprints and continuously delivering value to your customers.
Self-motivation. Our software teams are largely self-organizing and rely on each other to be responsible and accountable for their time and contributions. Nobody micromanages us because we are trusted to work with autonomy.
Collaboration. Everyone brings something valuable to the process and our products are better for it. We plan our sprints, architecture solutions and perform code reviews as a team. There are no proverbial lone wolves.
Professionalism. Our teams are healthy and productive because of the attitude of professionalism we bring to the job. We respect each other, our customers and our stakeholders, and it shows in how we approach our work and interact with one another on a daily basis.
- Turn user stories into secure, tested and maintainable code.
- Participate in backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Help your team continuously improve by contributing to its tooling, documentation and coding standards.
- Provide occasional support to our customer experience team.
Who you are
- A few years of professional experience writing software for the web, even better if that includes working on a SaaS product.
- Working knowledge of one or more dynamically-typed, interpreted programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with PHP and the modern PHP ecosystem (Composer, PSRs, etc.) a plus.
- Some familiarity with unit and automated software testing.
- A basic understanding of web fundamentals: HTTP, TLS, DNS, browsers, etc.
- A mind and eye for security – you should be familiar with most of the OWASP Top 10.
- Comfortable working with modern software development tools and practices like Git, Github/Bitbucket, pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts, for example.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bonus points for having practical experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Why Should You Join Us at Infosec?
- Competitive base salary
- We promote from within! As a growing company, there are many opportunities to move up
- Fun work environment and casual dress code
- Flexible schedule
- Great training to get up to speed quickly!
- 401(k) with company match
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision and life insurance)
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, apply right now! A real human being — me, Lorelei — will review your application and get back to you if you’re a good fit. If you’re unsure or have questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at email@example.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Infosec is an equal opportunity employer.