Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Production Supervisor- Sanitation
at Hormel Foods
Associate Team Leader- Sanitation Supervisor
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin's®, Wholly Guacamole®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of "The 100 Best Corporate Citizens" by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 10th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future -- Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ -- focusing on its legacy of innovation. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
Job Purpose: Ensures the successful manufacturing of food products by supervising a staff of approximately 15-30 employees cleaning and sanitizing plant equipment and surfaces to meet USDA and company compliance.
- Leads team members by managing, and executing plant processes
- Manages team members in attaining production and sanitation goals
- Ensures appropriate resources (including materials, equipment, and staffing needs) are available to maintain sanitation schedules
- Supports continuous improvement processes to ensure that goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service are met
- Creates and maintains an engaged and team oriented workforce to improve business results
- The position is very hands-on - supervisors are usually in the production area "on-their-feet" about 80% of the shift
- Bachelor's degree OR a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Proven leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Sanitation experience
Location and Shift:
- Beloit, WI
- Third shift
- Alternating scheduling- 10 days on 4 days off
- Approximately six weeks are spent in a hands-on training environment
- Sanitation Supervisors partner with other supervisors and managers to learn about our products, the company, and industry dynamics
- Sanitation Supervisors attend a one week new employee orientation at our Corporate Office in Austin, Minnesota. This will include presentations by different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills.
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive base salaries plus yearly bonuses, an annual merit increase performance review, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.