Grande Vitesse Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver - Float (1st and 2nd shift)
at Grande Vitesse Systems
Job Duties include:
1. Transportation Operations
• Schedules to ensure movement of supplies, finished products, and raw materials between all Grande facilities. Drive diesel powered tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver products or materials in packaged form.
• Rotate through all shifts to fill-in for vacations, call-ins, training and general relief.
• Operate tractor trailer in a safe, respectful, and courteous manner to keep trailer and products safe.
• Operate all pallet moving equipment to assist in the loading and unloading of product and supplies to keep production running efficiently, DC stock, and to meet customer needs.
• Prepare transportation paperwork, to include log sheets, to keep accurate information used for scheduling.
• Scan & download product information to keep accurate information.
• Pick, load, & deliver production supplies such as boxes, poly, bags, etc. to keep production running efficiently.
• Communicate pick-up and delivery times to all locations for continued production. • Perform general sanitation to keep trailers and tractors neat, clean, and safe.
• Responsible for CSA Ratings in the following categories:
o Unsafe Driving – Operation of CMV’s by drivers in a dangerous or careless manner.
o Driver Fitness – Operation of CMV’s by drivers that are lacking appropriate licensing or medical qualifications.
o Controlled Substances and Alcohol – Operation of CMV’s by drivers who are impaired due to alcohol, illegal drugs, and misuse of prescription or over-the-counter medications.
• Troubleshoot equipment, timing, and load size to keep products moving efficiently.
2. Vehicle Maintenance
• Vehicle reports completed daily and any maintenance issues brought to attention of management.
3. Regulatory Compliance
• Complete all required documentation, recordkeeping, and reporting as required by law and/or regulatory agencies, (i.e. DNR, DOL, EEOC, FDA, IMS, OSHA, SQF, USDA, WDA, etc.).
• Follow all SAFETY (food & workplace) policies and procedures.
4. All other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
• Follow company policies and procedures.
• Follow government standards and regulations.