Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handler I (9:30am-6pm)
Help us drive record-breaking double digit growth!
Imperial Supplies, a Grainger company, is a national distributor of quality maintenance products. Serving the fleet maintenance industry since 1958, Imperial has formed lasting relationships with customers by tailoring our services to meet their changing needs.
Under direct supervision, the Material Handler I is responsible for safe and accurate manual packaging of product while meeting defined production standards within the Distribution Center. Responsible for safe and accurate picking orders and cycle counting using non-powered industrial equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Package inbound material including assortment kit assembly using package labeling system and printers, automated packaging equipment, scales, tape guns, mechanical stapler, and shrink wrapping.
- Document packaging activity using radio frequency scanners and keyboard data entry.
- Pick orders on floor level of warehouse using non-powered industrial equipment.
- Perform Cart Put Away, Restock Picking and assist with inventory cycle counts on floor level of warehouse using non-powered industrial equipment.
- Partner with Quality Control personnel to ensure only authorized, quality goods are packed into stock.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: General knowledge of distribution/ manufacturing operations.
SKILLS: Average math skills. Effective reading and writing skills. Attentiveness to detail and accuracy and problem solving ability.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires majority of the time standing and walking. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- A competitive wage and industry leading benefits including immediate health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- Excellent work-life balance, 18 days paid time off plus paid holidays
- Generous profit sharing and 401K programs
- Education reimbursement and opportunities for internal advancement & professional growth
Imperial is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Are you up to the challenge of working for an industry leader? It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from - Grainger values your potential to learn, thrive and make a difference on a global scale. Grainger is committed to building safe and productive communities and environments—especially where our team members and customers live and work. Discover how we can help you drive costs out of the tough job of managing your facility.
At Grainger you’ll find all the right tools to build your career. Enjoy the stability of an established industry leader, without sacrificing the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference. We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem-solving, and growth.
At Grainger, your career path is important. We work hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving and growth. We offer a complete career path geared towards your success.
Join the Grainger Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.