Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Account Representative - La Crosse, WI
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Determine, prepare and present the appropriate “Grainger Value Proposition” to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account’s purchasing needs
- Create a territory plan that optimizes call routes, maximizes time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets
- Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Grainger’s CRM.
- Consistently take a proactive approach to driving sales with each account while utilizing a wide array of available communication channels in order maximize their purchasing with Grainger through all of Grainger’s sales / service channels.
- Establish and/or extend current relationships with customers in a productive and mutually beneficial manner
- Timely and responsive to customers’ real-time needs.
- 1-3 years of sales or relationship building experience.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- High integrity in all business dealings.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree preferred.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on territory).
All candidates must demonstrate ability to:
- Grow revenue to stated thresholds.
- Achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face time minutes, etc.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
- Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
- Work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
- Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over-coming objections.
- Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
- Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Are you up to the challenge of working for an industry leader? It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from - Grainger values your potential to learn, thrive and make a difference on a global scale. Grainger is committed to building safe and productive communities and environments—especially where our team members and customers live and work. Discover how we can help you drive costs out of the tough job of managing your facility.
At Grainger you’ll find all the right tools to build your career. Enjoy the stability of an established industry leader, without sacrificing the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference. We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem-solving, and growth.
At Grainger, your career path is important. We work hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving and growth. We offer a complete career path geared towards your success.
Join the Grainger Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.