Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Franklin Electric
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for coordinating, implementing, and maintaining assigned data for products, competitors, and regulatory requirements in the related database. Assists the department with understanding customers' needs through voice-of-customer exercises and with maintaining efficiencies through Kaizen events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inputs and maintains in the global market database research data related to competitor products, possible acquisitions/mergers, trends, new products being adapted, new technologies being considered, and new regulations being discussed. Broadens the amount of information and the types of tools used to find data to meet department and product goals.
- Works with Global Sales Team to research and track government and regulatory requirements in all regions of the world. Tracks pending and finalized laws and regulations, as well as market trends and sales intelligence data.
- Constantly monitors and reports on the activities of competitors globally. Tracks signed contracts, new products, competitors' prices, and other corporate news updates.
- Designs research projects and delivers presentations that answer specific business questions regarding the market potential for new products and services.
- Designs, administers and tabulates results of market research surveys.
- Assists Marketing product management team in creating presentations regarding global market size, regulations, and growth opportunities.
- Assists Management team in developing corporate presentations and strategy documents.
- Assists Management team in identifying and tracking potential acquisitions in existing and adjacent markets.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows Internet marketing technologies, research software, and research practices.
- Understands product profitability and gross contribution.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement). Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business communications, marketing, or a related field (required).
- Two to three years of relevant experience in marketing, competitor research, or a related field (required).