Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workforce Specialist - Sunday - Thursday, 6:00am - 2:30pm shift
at Exact Sciences
- Req No.
- Customer Support
- Regular Full-Time
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Workforce Specialist is responsible for administrative workforce duties. This position will assist in creating and maintaining workforce management policies and procedures and will partner with Customer Care Center leadership to determine the most effective method of communicating changes to all associates. This position ensures that the Customer Care Center teams have the right number of skilled associates in the right place at the right time to handle an accurately forecasted workload at the desired service level and response time goals. This position communicates real time and historical workforce performance results to the Customer Care Center teams. This position will partner with Workforce Management leadership to provide information to Customer Care Center Leadership on associates about appropriate work statuses and behavior documented in order to achieve our goals. This position will require real time monitoring of call queues, responses to email inquiries received from patients and maintaining a call volume balance with calls arriving in the center, as well as the automated outbound calling application. If workload warrants, this position may support other functions of the Customer Care Center.
Sunday - Thursday, 6:00am - 2:30pm shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes workforce management tools for scheduling, tracking, monitoring and reporting of potential workforce issues; this includes, though is not limited to, attendance, schedule adherence, personal/wrap time and service level and response time achievement.
- Utilize workforce management software to generate new schedule and break sets as necessary for new hires. Activate and organize all new hire information.
- Monitors and reports on all real-time and intra-day activities to ensure operational goals are met.
- Throttles the automated outbound calling application to ensure outbound calls are attempted in a timely manner, while still maintaining service level.
- Responds within a timely matter to patient email inquiries received.
- Ensures all required workforce management data is tracked and trended on a continuous basis.
- Ensures compliance with all Company quality procedures and guidelines including but not limited to Quality Policy and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Stays current with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices (e.g., HIPAA, Medical Device Reporting, etc.).
- Reports to work on time and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Performs all job duties according to Customer Care Center policies and procedures.
- Assist with forecasting for staffing needs in relation to space and associate matters.
- Documents and maintains workforce management policies and procedures and partners with the Contact Center leader in charge of workforce administration to communicate information as appropriate.
- Offer advice and guidance to members of the contact center as a first line of contact, (e.g. scheduling and absentee information and training for CCA/CCS associates).
- Monitor the workforce management mail box and report and seek advice from leadership when necessary for decision making.
- Complete necessary absentee paperwork.
- Work with workforce leader and/or Contact Center Supervisor to approve work exceptions, and PTO time according to preset guidelines.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and persuasive skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.Ability to organize work, set priorities and work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to type on a computer 50% of the time.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+years of experience in a fast-paced contact center and/or customer service roles.
- Knowledge of contact center operations including telephony and technology utilized to support workforce management functions.
- Previous work in a contact center within the health care industry is preferred but appropriate contact center experience in other fields may be considered.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in contact center workforce management.
- Previous work in a laboratory environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.