Duluth Trading Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Continuity Specialist
at Duluth Trading Company
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Product Continuity Specialist is responsible for maintaining the product development calendar to support the needs of the business. The role works closely with Product, Technical Design, Merchandising and Creative teams, along with outside vendors; helps with tasks and solutions within the development calendar to ensure milestone dates are being met. This role is also responsible for photo sample management; includes process, vendor communication/requests, tracking and hand off to creative. Additional responsibilities include sourcing opportunities of existing programs.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain the product development calendar and support the evolution of the calendar through a comprehensive understanding of Time & Action (T&A) calendars. Monitor seasonal progress and understand internal and external influences.
- Support various aspects of the development process through close partnerships and consistent communication to ensure the development process runs efficiently. Evaluate and recommend process improvements as identified.
- Responsible for photo sample management; maintaining, updating and communicating the process. Photo sample management includes samples for PR and retail.
- Manage photo sample pull from PLM, sample quantity and request to vendors.
- Track photo sample receipt and hand off to creative. Partner with cross-functional teams if photo samples are late, require correction, etc.
- Responsible for tracking and receipt of all development and production samples (fit, size set, Pre-Pro, and photo) ensuring they are received and distributed to the appropriate teams.
- Partners with leader on the on-boarding of new suppliers.
- Coordinate sourcing of existing programs with new suppliers to ensure product continuity through clear communication and providing comprehensive details and samples.
- Liaison between product and creative in new packaging development. Monitor milestone deliverables and facilitate hand off.
- Assists in the coordination of supplier meetings.
- Manage all product development assets in and out of department (packages, stock transfers, prototypes).
- This job description is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What We’re Looking for:
- At least 2-3 years’ related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in product development, design, retail merchandising, or relevant work experience.
- Experience with cross-functional partners and remote suppliers.
- Self-motivated with a love for the details.
- Strong foundation of prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong foundation of interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills –Adobe Creative Suite, PLM Software, Microsoft Office.
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.