Duluth Trading Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Duluth Trading Company
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Executive Producer manages the team of producers, project managers, production coordinators and retouchers in producing all visual content populating channels across the business, including web, email, retail store signage, and catalog. This position is involved from initial briefing and brainstorming, to publishing finished creative executions.
The Executive Producer should have deep understanding and experience managing productions in a variety of formats and styles, be comfortable navigating complex brand needs, be self-directed to creatively problem solve around a variety of road blocks and be able to communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of personalities and teams.
This position manages production budgets and schedules for a variety of projects, including photography, illustration, and video, as well as aids our external agency partners in managing logistics for producing national ads and digital assets. Executive Producer works closely with Creative Director(s), Art Directors, and Copywriters, as well as e-commerce, design, web, merchandising, product development, and PR/social teams to ensure work is produced efficiently and executed to the highest creative standards.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and communicate production processes and best practices with internal teams and external partners and manage the umbrella workflow season to season, taking inter-dependencies of other departments into consideration and adjusting production strategies as needed.
- Oversee management and organization of internal photo studio, including staffing, equipment, process, schedule, and budget.
- Continually audit process and workflow and advise on improvements to aid teams in efficiency of asset production, from both a budget and production standpoint.
- Advise and direct staff and freelance producers on planning and executing photo and video shoots based on creative concepts, both in studio and on location.
- Create production schedules for each project, including establishing final deliverable deadlines and coordinating all review/approval meetings with key stakeholders.
- Manage budgets per project as well as manage overall yearly production budget. Report and adjust monthly variance for production-related accounts, including illustration, photography, and video.
- Plan budgets for the next fiscal year in cooperation with VP Marketing and Creative Director as well as creative, product, and merchandising partners in line with company strategy and goals.
- Foster relationships with cross-functional departments to ensure teams are delivering against asks while creating an environment that allows for innovation.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with outside creative partners, including photographers, production companies, editors, illustrators, casting and talent agents, and reps.
- Manage team of production coordinators, producers, retouchers and art buyers, both full time and freelance, leading the development and implementation of on-boarding, training, and growth opportunities.
- Manage day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production challenges.
- Advise creative teams during concept stage on production costs and execution options in order to deliver the highest quality work for the most efficient timeline and budget.
What We’re Looking for:
- Minimum of 15 years of producing experience, ideally within an ad agency environment or internal creative department within a retail or e-comm organization.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with producing a wide variety of assets for use in print, digital, motion, e-comm, social.
- Working knowledge of industry standard contract terms for photographers, models, illustrators, and freelance crew. Ability to negotiate terms independently and seek guidance from legal when necessary.
- Strategic thinking and ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to ‘see around the corner’ to identify and troubleshoot communication, logistical, and scheduling challenges.
- Ability to navigate competing priorities, allocate resources appropriately, and mitigate associated challenges.
- Effectively establish, manage, and clearly communicate overall seasonal timelines, project deliverables, and resourcing needs related to asset production.
- Disciplined approach to managing projects, while maintaining the flexibility to adapt when adjustments are required.
- Experience working in partnership with both junior and senior creative teams to bring ideas to life.
- Experience being the face of creative production to external vendors and key internal stakeholders.
- An understanding of the impacts of production decisions on both creative output and business results.
- Expert at managing expectations, with the ability to identify and articulate alternative solutions when changes arise.
- Ability to identify key stakeholders and facilitate seamless communications, both written and verbal, between parties.
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables while maintaining the integrity of the whole project within Duluth’s fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.