Duluth Trading Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Product Manager - Alaskan Hardgear Apparel
at Duluth Trading Company
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Associate Product Manager lends both creative and practical support to the Men’s Product Manager in all aspects of apparel design and development. In this position the candidate should have the ability to sketch, manage a small category, analyze color and industry trends, and understand the solution driven needs of the Duluth customer.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes ingenious workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- A large part of the position requires the ability to sketch and update existing sketches. Candidate should have strong Adobe Illustrator sketching skills
- Manage a small category within the Alaskan Hardgear brand. This includes coming up with initial seasonal concepts, selecting fabrics and textile technologies, manage style updates, and attend style fittings.
- Analyze market innovation, color and industry trends to develop product that is in line with our customer focus.
- Maintain vendor relationships to ensure products are up to specified quality standards and delivered on-time.
- Help prepare product, paperwork, swatches, photos and trim information for development handoffs.
- Filling mini-bodies for the team in preparation for working sessions or larger presentations
- Proofread catalog boards and product web pages for accuracy, appropriateness, and compliance.
- Researching valued trends and sharing input with your teams.
- Manage all sample requests and tracking for proto and photo needs.
What We’re Looking for:
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and developing apparel
- Strong Adobe Illustrator sketching skills – a must
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and timelines
- Experience in preparing tech packs
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel several times per year, both domestically and internationally
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.