Duluth Trading Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Creative Director - Men's and Alaskan Hardgear
at Duluth Trading Company
Purpose of Position
The Associate Creative Director leads the internal Creative Teams for either the Men’s or Women’s division. This creative leader reports to the SVP of Creative and is charged with the responsibility of upholding high creative standards of brand voice and brand look while managing the workload and priorities of the Creative Team. This person will be responsible for the integrated brand storytelling, concepting and execution of catalogs, print marketing, and digital collateral, web photography/video, and greater Omni-channel efforts in addition to managing freelance and outside vendors.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes ingenious workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the divisional art, copy, and digital creative teams, ensuring the output of the highest standard to reflect the Duluth Trading brand and voice.
- Champion the consistent quality, adherence to brand graphic standards, and storytelling strength of the Duluth brand.
- Align with Product, Merchandising, and Marketing teams on seasonal strategic initiatives while at the same time being nimble to business trends and market shifts.
- Responsible for the design, voice, and layout direction of all divisional creative work. Including all catalogs, emails, digital work, as well as printed marketing pieces and to include the following duties:
- Develop and define design and messaging across all digital touchpoints, including e-mail, web, mobile and social media
- Manage the team’s workload and design/development of thumbnail and final layouts
- Review and approve layouts, proofing, routing, and catalog pages
- Collaborate with outside Ad Agencies when applicable
- Oversee and art direct concept development, mood art illustration, and illustrators
- Oversee all divisional concept development work.
- Work with Production Team to determine plan, schedule, and budget
- Communicate with all key partners to execute and approve assets
- Ensure the final asset requested by the team is on brand and satisfies the request of our partners
- Responsible for direction on all photography, graphics, and illustrations (in the field, in-studio, and on-figure web photography)
- Review and approve selections
- Process improvement and team communication with multiple partners
- Reviewing, hiring and training of Staff (models, photographers, stylist, etc.)
- Planning and budgeting with partners
- Lead Omni-channel campaigns and creative seasonal themes.
- Work with Merchandising and Marketing leads to ensure divisional Creative Teams are briefed efficiently with seasonal “need to win” and go to market strategies
- Lead campaign teams with concepting, scheduling and executing a successful Omni-channel
- Approve campaign assets needed for Omni-channel execution
- Collaborate with retail Creative Teams to ensure in-store signage creative requests are met
- Communicate final campaign asset direction with all creative channels
- Regularly present assets to SVP of Creative and VP of Marketing
- Manage Staff
- Take part in management training programs
- Responsible for day-to-day budgeting and scheduling
- Write Job Descriptions
- Interview, Hire and Train new staffing and consultants
- Lead, write and conduct quarterly reviews with all team members
- Schedule and conduct weekly team meetings
- Ensure my team has what they need to feel appreciated, informed, inspired and equipped to be successful
What We’re Looking for:
- 10 years of creative experience managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Must have a strong creative portfolio with proven business results.
- Prior design leadership as an Art Director.
- Print and digital design experience, especially catalog and web collateral, are a must.
- Well established history of working with Creative Teams, photographers and illustrators.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or comparable field of study.
- Proficiency in the following applications on a Mac platform:
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD and Acrobat.
- Font handling software
- Must have strong working knowledge in:
- HTML coding
- Email service provider and e-commerce business manager experience a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Expertise in preparing various file formats for publication and experience with color management.
- Able to give and take direction from multiple internal clients and distill into compelling marketing messages and designs.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Omni-channel creative leadership experience and notable successes.
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work and have a commitment to do things better.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.