Duluth Trading Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Product Manager - Men's
at Duluth Trading Company
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Assistant Product Manager lends both creative and practical support to the Men’s Product Manager in all aspects of apparel design and development. In this position the candidate should have the ability to sketch, analyze style, color and industry trends, and understand the solution driven needs of the Duluth customer.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes ingenious workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- Organize calendar deadlines and due dates for all men’s apparel development samples
- Communicate daily with vendors (both domestic and international) and cross-functional partners on email correspondence
- Track, file and organize approved material, trims, fabric, color and CADS
- Maintain vendor relationships to ensure products are produced with specified quality standards and delivered on-time
- Assist in scheduling and preparation of meetings, travel and sample budget expenses
- Proofread catalog boards and product web pages
- Help prepare product, paperwork, swatches, photos and trim information for development handoffs
- Experience researching and selecting fabrics, trims and textile technologies that adhere to high standards of DTC brand
What We’re Looking for:
- 1-3 years of related work experience preferred
- Candidate must have strong Adobe Illustrator skills, a large part of this position requires the ability to update sketches and assist with creating or re-coloring patterns
- Must be confident in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and timelines
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong ability to multi-task and work in a group setting
- Bachelor’s degree in apparel design or equivalent experience required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.