Dollar General Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dollar General Corporation
- Requisition ID
- 101 INNOVATION DRIVE
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Calibrates inventory accuracy of warehouse and pick line locations on which inventory flow (reorder) decisions are based.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Counts each pick line and storage location for items displayed in the cycle count work queue.
- Verifies packing, retail price, and description for items being cycle counted.
- Researches and reconciles all findings daily.
- Troubleshoots inventory problems and reports inventory issues that require immediate attention to area supervisor.
- Adjusts existing inventory data when necessary.
- Completes all SBCC counts daily.
- Completes all system scheduled counts, control group counts, and food counts daily.
- Participates in ESS sampling and performs counts with external auditor.
- Programs, troubleshoots problems with, and operates radio frequency units.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Intermediate math skills and analytical skills.
- Computer skills: ability to navigate specific WMS inventory control programs and Island Pacific programs; understanding of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of UPC functionality and food date codes.
- Knowledgeable of packing and shipping units; understanding of receiving process.
- Knowledgeable of adjustment accounting such as net and absolute adjustments.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse operations to include layout and types of storage devices.
- Ability to eliminate distractions and to be able to concentrate and analyze during the counting process.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Heavy lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Exposure to heights above 10 feet.
- Walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Cycle Counter Lead: works mostly in an office setting, but will occasionally be in distribution center.
- Cycle Counter: continuous exposure to heat, cold, dust, lighting, and noise; work is conducted in high traffic areas.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.