Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff CRNA - Full Time
at Divine Savior Healthcare
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3527
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/CRNA
Full-time, Day Shift, 7:00am-4:00pm
Req # 3527
POSITION SUMMARY: Administers anesthesia and related services for the surgical and obstetric departments. Provides support during crisis and critical situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patients pre-anesthesia. Selects anesthetic agent and technique taking into account age, growth, and development of the patient.
- Requests and evaluates pertinent lab studies, pulmonary function studies, blood gases, and respiratory therapy.
- Administers IV, inhalation and regional anesthesia to include: spinal, epidural, and peripheral blocks.
- Monitors vital signs and progress of surgical or obstetrical patients; recognizes abnormal patient responses and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Performs supportive life functions, including endotracheal intubation, management of blood, fluid, electrolyte loss and replacement, and maintenance of cardiovascular and respiratory functions.
- Completes all anesthesia records per department policy regarding patient visit, pre-anesthesia induction, equipment check, intraoperative vital signs, medications given and the post-op visit.
- Checks the anesthesia machine and related cart for optimal functioning and completeness prior to each case; cleans and restocks anesthesia equipment in OR's. Replenishes inhalant anesthetic agents; restocks drugs and verifies gas flow.
- Provides consultation, management and implementation of respiratory and ventilation care.
- Demonstrates ability to assess status of patient from neonate through geriatric; delivers the care appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelors degree from an accredited Nursing program and Graduate of Nurse Anesthesia educational program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse and Certification from AANA as a Nurse Anesthetist.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS & PALS Certifications. Non-certified employees must attain certifications within 180 days of employment in position.
- Reports directly to the Anesthesia Director.
- Extensive contact with Surgery staff, patients and families.
- Works regularly with nursing staff, physicians and staff from other patient care departments.
- Work is performed largely in a hospital environment.
- Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
- Regularly exposed to hazardous materials such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!