Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registration Clerk - Every Other Sat/Sun - Earn $16.00-$18.65/hr - PM Shift
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Interviews incoming patients or representatives and accurately enters information required for admissions into the computer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Registers patients according to established standards.
- Successfully operates all types of communication/office equipment.
- Greets and directs patients and visitors.
- Conducts insurance pre-certifications/prior authorizations accurately and timely within established standards.
- Conducts insurance verifications online or via telephone.
- Performs clerical work as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Six-months related training or experience.
- Proficiently uses computer, calculator, various types of communication equipment and typewriter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Reports directly to the Patient Financial Services Supervisor.
- Extensive contact with other department employees.
- Frequent contact with patients, vendors and all other department within the hospital.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to sit and stand.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.