Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Care
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans and provides comprehensive patient/resident care. Manages available nursing resources and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to provide quality, cost effective patient/resident care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides person-centered patient/resident care following nursing and medical orders through individualized plan of care.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Evaluates patient assessments and responses to interventions and takes appropriate action according to established standards.
- Establishes and evaluates progress toward mutual goals and measurable outcomes with patients/residents and families.
- Acts as a preceptor for other nursing team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Participates in patient/resident and family education as evidenced by teaching documentation in the medical record.
- Delegates patient/resident care activities to appropriate personnel and supervises those activities as necessary.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team to develop effective discharge and referral plans on admission utilizing appropriate organization and community resources.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
- Degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse or if new Graduate Nurse, eligible to take boards for licensure.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Reports directly to the Nursing Director.
- Extensive contact with patients/residents and families.
- Works regularly with nursing staff, physicians and staff from other patient care departments.