Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapist (Casual)
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, evaluates, directs and administers occupational therapy treatment for patients and residents within the scope of licensure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts occupational therapy evaluations.
- Interprets findings of evaluations.
- Develops prognosis and plan of care.
- Selects and administers appropriate interventions.
- Documents according to accepted standards.
- Provides supervision of assistants and rehab department support staff.
- Conducts discharge planning.
- Bills for services rendered.
- Participates in operational aspects of rehab department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
- Current Wisconsin license as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers' License and proof of insurability required if driving.
- Reports directly to the Rehab Services Director and Supervisor.
- Works closely with all other rehab staff.
- Extensive contact with patients, residents, caregivers and family members.
- Frequent contact with physicians, nursing staff and community support agencies.
- Regular contact with health information personnel.
- Occasional contact with environmental services and purchasing personnel, vendors, general public, civic organization, insurance carriers and patients' employers.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital, nursing home or home environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Occasionally has exposure to hazardous material and exposure to blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequent travel required.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.