Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Services Attendant (Casual)
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains and represents the La Vita front desk in a friendly, professional, efficient and knowledgeable manner, ensuring that all La Vita members and guests are greeted and welcomed in a timely fashion while providing excellent customer service at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets all La Vita members and guests in a professional, friendly and respectful manner in person and on the phone. Welcomes members and guests upon entering the center, and bids them farewell upon leaving.
- Appropriately implements and monitors all member and guest check-in policies and procedures.
- Answers the telephone using proper scripting and logs all telephone inquiries using the tracking system. Initiates and receives phone calls and emails related to membership inquiries.
- Completes all paperwork and data entry in club management software related to member accounts (e.g., membership enrollment, change of status, terminations, change of payment, member freeze and member charges, etc.) with accuracy and on a timely basis. Ensures all pertinent member and guest forms used at the front desk are completed and filed appropriately.
- Acquires leads, schedules and gives guest tours to new and prospective members and follows-up as necessary to complete the sales process.
- Accurately performs point of sale transactions, and opening/closing procedures.
- Maintains and is familiar with all retail shop inventory.
- Keeps all areas of front desk, waiting areas and retail store clean and organized.
- Knowledgeably and appropriately implements all member and guests policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all La Vita programs and services.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, coaching sessions and events as required.
- Models the Divine Service Standards in all interactions and activities.
- Provides for coverage in the drop-in daycare as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- One year of sales and/or customer service experience.
- Ability to perform under pressure while managing multiple tasks at the same time with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills necessary to effectively work with management, staff, colleagues, members and guests of La Vita.
- Ability to maintain high energy and customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain a personal proficiency of health and fitness by practicing sound nutrition and fitness principles
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care
- Reports directly to the Preventive Health & Wellness Services Director and Member Services & Sales Supervisor.
- Regular contact with Divine Savior staff and the public.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant fitness center environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk or radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.