Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ICU Registered Nurse - Weekend Only Program
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans and provides comprehensive patient care. Manages available nursing resources and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to provide quality, cost effective patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient and family focused care throughout stay.
- Initiates and follows individualized plan of care.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Evaluates patient assessments and responses to interventions and takes appropriate action according to established standards.
- Establishes and evaluates progress toward mutual goals and measurable outcomes with patients and families.
- Acts as a preceptor for other nursing team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Participates in patient and family education as evidenced by teaching documentation in the medical record.
- Delegates patient care activities to appropriate personnel and supervises those activities.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team to develop effective discharge and referral plans on admission utilizing appropriate organization and community resources.
- Accurately and effectively utilizes the patient acuity system (MESH).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Other certifications may be required by individual departments.