Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Student (Hospital) - Earn $11/hr+
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in preparation, cooking and serving of food.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in preparing and portioning food for patients, residents, employees and organization special functions following established policies and procedures.
- Assists with assembling patient and resident trays, and employee meals.
- Transports patient tray carts to patient floor and collects soiled trays documenting amount of food consumed by patient.
- Accurately washes dishes, pots and pans and food carriers.
- Prepares cold food items for the cafeteria and replenishes cafeteria supplies as needed.
- Performs various cleaning duties per department protocol.
- Performs other positions within the department as needed.
- Follows safe food handling practices.
- Documents all information required to meet HACCP guidelines.
- Assists supervisor in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in high school if under 18. Minimum of 14 years of age.
- Reports directly to the Dietary Director, Food Service Supervisor & Food Service Coordinator.
- Works closely with all Dietary employees.
- Regular contact with patients, residents, visitors and all organization employees.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital or extended care environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat and electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material such as needle punctures and exposure to blood and body fluids
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move supplies or equipment over 75 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.