Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinic Receptionist - Casual
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs secretarial and receptionist duties for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules appointments for the clinic.
- Greets, assists and directs all people on arrival to the department.
- Prepares pre-admission and insurance information.
- Records, transfers or responds to all incoming telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Performs additional clerical tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- One year related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Reports directly to the Department Director and Clinic Supervisor.
- Works closely with all department staff.
- Frequent contact with patients.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally has exposure to hazardous material and exposure to blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.