Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Nights
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides supportive services, direct and indirect patient care, organizes and coordinates efficient delivery of care under the supervision of an RN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Provides patient care following nursing and medical orders as delegated by the RN.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and promptly reports patient condition to the RN.
- Performs technical nursing skills under the direct supervision of the RN safely and according to current policies and procedures.
- Follows the multidisciplinary plan of care/teaching plan to address patient needs.
- Assists with orientation of new staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
Educational Qualifications for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant.
- Completes orientation to Certified Nursing Assistant position and BLS certification within six months.
Work Relationship for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Reports directly to the Nursing Director of the department and RN.
- Works closely with staff from all departments to provide direct patient care.
- Extensive contact with patients and their families, visitors and public.
Working Conditions for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Work is performed largely in a hospital environment.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,
fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Requirements for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee
assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.