Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Nights
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides supportive services, direct and indirect patient/resident care, organizes and coordinates efficient delivery of care under the supervision of a RN or LPN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Provides person-centered patient/resident care following nursing and medical orders as delegated by the RN or LPN.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Recognizes changes in signs and symptoms and promptly reports patient/resident condition to the RN or LPN.
- Performs technical nursing skills under the direction of the RN or LPN safely and according to current policies and procedures.
- Follows the multidisciplinary plan of care/teaching plan to address patient/resident needs.
- Assists other team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
Educational Qualifications for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current Wisconsin certification as a Nursing Assistant.
Work Relationship for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Reports directly to the Nursing Director.
- Extensive contact with residents and families.
- Works regularly with nursing staff and staff from other patient care departments.
Working Conditions for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous materials such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Requirements for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee
assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to
the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department
manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.