Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aquatics Attendant (Casual/As Needed)
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in the oversight of the pool areas to ensure a safe, therapeutic environment for all La Vita members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service to members and guests using the aquatics facilities.
- Ensures aquatics facilities are clean and safe; makes sure safety equipment is in place and functional.
- Appropriately records and reports attendance in all aquatic classes and programs.
- Monitors pool area for safe occupancy levels.
- Tests water quality and records appropriately; reports findings to supervisor.
- Ensures that all audio equipment located in the aquatics areas is used and stored appropriately.
- Attends all staff meetings and training programs as required.
- Models the Divine Service Standards in all interactions and activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with management of fitness center staff, colleagues, members and guests of La Vita.
- Ability to maintain a personal proficiency of health and fitness by practicing sound nutrition and fitness principles
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care
- Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Current First Aid certification.
- Reports directly to the Preventive Health & Wellness Services Director and Fitness Supervisor.
- Regular contact with Divine Savior staff and the public.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant fitness center pool environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Personal physical strength, flexibility and overall conditioning required to safely instruct group exercise classes.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.