Bruker BioSciences Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Sales Representative
at Bruker BioSciences Corporation
- Req. #
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Bruker AXS is seeking a highly competitive Sr. Sales Representative to handle sales of strategic product line, CGA (Combustion Gas, CS/ONH, analysis). The Sr. Sales Representative plans, organizes, coordinates and executes the company’s direct sales for assigned products in an assigned territory. Develops and maintains a congenial rapport with all customers in assigned territory by providing support and positively representing Bruker AXS sales targets set for assigned territory and provide accurate forecasting for assigned territory. Desired location is western half of US near a major airport or regional office based in Madison, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and executing his/her own activities within the framework of the company, marketing department, and sales region, policies, procedures and budgets.
- Adequate customer contact and direct sales activity to ensure maximum sales of assigned products in an assigned territory. Efforts shall include locating all prospects, determining needs of prospects, making sales strategy for each prospect, selling each prospect on advantages, etc. of using company’s products and most importantly securing orders.
- Being truly of service to each customer and prospect by keeping them aware of all company’s products, by helping solve customers’ individual problems, to establish and maintain effective personal relations with each customer and prospect.
- Establishing and maintaining a thorough and detailed knowledge of all assigned products and their applications. Including detailed specifications, method of operation, prices, terms, deliveries, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining a professional competence with latest sales methods and techniques.
- Submitting weekly expense reports, monthly customer/territory status reports Including won/lost sales data), quarterly ling range forecasts, and other reports as requested on a timely basis.
- Preparing and issuing quotations or proposals in response to customers’ RFQ’s on a timely basis on standard company products in accordance with prices and terms of company’s standard price schedules.
- Cooperating with the Marketing Managers in preparation of proposals for special products, and gathering of customer, market and competitive data, mailing, etc.
- Participation in local trade shows as requested.
- Maintaining an up-to-date customer and contact database in the company approved format.
- Other assignments as requested from the Sales Manager or Product Managers from time to time.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in chemistry, physics, engineering or a related field. Proven track record of successful sales. Five or more years’ experience preferred. Previous work with CGA systems highly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Familiarity with the use of personal computers. Familiarity with CRM systems and MS Office applications.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize work, and meet deadlines. Able to accurately enter information into the computer database system and follow established department procedures.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills and the ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented and must demonstrate reliability and consistency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use one’s hands for general dexterity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.
Ability to travel 3-4 days per week to visit customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.