Blain Supply Inc. and Blain’s Farm & Fleet
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Blain Supply Inc. and Blain’s Farm & Fleet
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Class
- Corporate Office
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
For over 60 years, Blain’s Farm & Fleet has maintained our commitment to offer customers high quality products, reliable service, and competitive prices. We were recognized for the second year in a row on Forbes magazine’s 2019 list of America’s Best Mid-Size Employer. Currently with 41 store locations across Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan, we are a private, family-owned specialty discount retailer with a track record of never closing a store location. Blain’s actively gives back to the community through local donations, as well as supporting the American Heart Association for over 25 years. Our work culture is family-oriented, shown by our closing for major holidays. As our company expands, you could be the next talented, forward-thinking member to join our team.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Parental leave
- Associate discount program
- 401(k) retirement plan & profit-sharing program
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short- and long-term disability and Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance
Whether you’re just starting out on your career or looking for a change, we want you to bring your passion and experience to Blain’s Farm and Fleet. We strive to ensure that our work environment is positive, challenging, and rewarding while offering our associates exceptional career growth potential.
Interested? Apply today!
Complete all assigned Buyer training requirements. Assist lead buyer while performing category management of assigned lines.
- Monitor and evaluate daily financial data for assigned product lines.
- Conduct line reviews on assigned categories.
- Assist in the selection of advertised items and proofreading advertising copy.
- Ensure that all products have a plan-o-gram.
- Communicate to stores regarding receiving new items. Update stores on vendor and product changes.
- Assist Buyer with planning, coordinating and implementing product knowledge training for store associates.
- Conduct two to three store visits monthly to assess and ensure products are displayed appropriately and accurately and to gain feedback from store personnel. Concurrently, conduct comp-shop visits.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and/or procedures.
Attend trade show events as appropriate.
Attend Blain Grand Openings events and assist as appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business and/or three to five years experience as A MERCHANDISER OR Assistant store manager. possess a valid driver license.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills are required for this position.
- Weekend and/or evening work and overnight travel as appropriate