Blackhawk Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Peer Advisor
at Blackhawk Technical College
- Req No.
- Student Services
- Part-time Non Teach
- Anticipated Placement
- USD $10.00/Hr.
- USD $10.00/Hr.
Position will provide a peer connection and resources for Blackhawk Technical College students. Will assist with student follow up, enrollment activities, advising and registration sessions, and other activities within student services to support students.
Positions will be part-time opportunities and will average 3 to 12 hours per week based on student availability and advising activities.
- Provide student follow-up calls under the direction of Academic Advisors.
- Refer students to advisors, faculty, staff, and/or other campus resources as needed.
- Participate in enrollment activities such as drop-in sessions.
- Participate in Advising and Registration Activities, which could include tours, preparing materials, assisting with registration, etc.
- Attend monthly Peer Advising Staff meetings
- Participate in supportive advising activities
- Provide administrative support and other office duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Student Resources such as MyBTC, Class Scheduling, BTC Website.
- Knowledgeable regarding course requirements in General Education and Programs.
- Knowledgeable of campus resources, campus locations, and student organizations/campus involvement.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience interacting with diverse student population.
Education & Experience:
- Currently enrolled Blackhawk Technical College student, and remain a student for duration of position assignment.
- Student in “Good Standing" having a 2.75 GPA, and maintain during position.