Blackhawk Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Welding Instructor
at Blackhawk Technical College
- Req No.
- Part-time Faculty
Blackhawk Technical College is seeking candidates to provide part-time instruction within our Welding Program, Welding Apprenticeship, and Fabrication. Duties include teaching courses within the Welding Program and/or Apprenticeship and ensuring courses meet the demands of the occupations for which students are preparing.
Courses will be offered within our Advanced Manufacturing Center located in Milton, Wi.
- Provide instruction for assigned classes.
- Remain current with industry needs and assure graduate outcomes that meet the workplace expectations.
- Develop and maintain industry relationships.
- Engage in ongoing student learning assessment to determine effectiveness of instruction and curriculum.
- Create a classroom/lab environment that is respectful of diversity and demonstrates a commitment to multiculturalism.
- Maintain accurate student records and reports as requested by administrative offices.
- Identify students needing assistance and refer students to Student Services. Collaborate with Student Services and the Academic Support Division staff members to help students adjust to the learning environment.
- Remain current on developments in the teaching field so that instruction is delivered for a variety of learning styles, uses the latest supportive technology and utilizes alternative delivery methods.
- Prepare and update course syllabi (using BTC guidelines) for each course taught.
- Maintain and repair tools, equipment and trainers.
- Assist in the enforcement of college regulations and report student conduct violations to administration.
- Hold weekly office hours, and other duties required to meet student, employer, and college needs.
- Associate Degree in Welding or Journeyworker or Certifed Welding Inspector (CWI).
- A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in a target job for the program(s) being taught.