Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Supervisor in Horicon, WI at The Bartech Group
Job DescriptionJob #: 197806
If you are an experienced Maintenance Supervisor looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Maintenance Supervisor. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Maintenance Supervisor will include:
- Is responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives.
- Supervises semi to highly skilled production and/or maintenance employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of products within established delivery, quality, safety and cost standards.
- The supervisor is the first-line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff.
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Monitors Control Plans, troubleshoots workmanship problems and generally supervises production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Determines manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule and makes daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the Customer Delivery date.
- Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
- Monitors and makes corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets.
- Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities.
- Implements and monitors safety programs and housekeeping
As a Maintenance Supervisor you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desired Skills Ability to work across shifts based on maintenance needs
- Ability to work weekends and holidays when needed
- Demonstrates team leadership skills / Supervision experience
- Experience communicating across functions (such as: supply management, engineering, operations and human resources)
- Demonstrates ability for successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks on a timely basis
- 4 yrs degree or 3/4 yrs experience in a leadership role with maintenance experience
- Experience with wage/union employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules
- Experience of facilities and production equipment and/or total preventative maintenance
- Proficient in computer skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Experience with SAP, Maintenance Reporting, or other information systems
As a Maintenance Supervisor with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Maintenance Supervisor Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!