Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant - Client Accounting Services
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Baker Tilly Advantage team in Janesville, WI.
Baker Tilly Advantage delivers a modernized and comprehensive approach to meeting our client’s accounting, tax, and financial reporting needs. The Advantage team combines core service needs with industry expertise and cloud accounting solutions to deliver customized dashboards and reports that assist our clients in making strategic business decisions. This approach allows us to play an integral role in our clients’ management team, and provide a customizable service bundle that meets their needs.
- Provide accounting services pertaining to general accounting, bookkeeping and financial reporting. This includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, journal entries, and monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Assist with managing and building client relationships by acting as liaison to address and resolve client issues, communicating effectively with the client to provide superior client service, and assisting team leaders in researching and providing additional advisory services to client.
- Act as a business advisor to clients by providing valuable insights, monitoring key benchmarks, and offering advice on future planning.
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines.
- Help lead best-in-class customer service to clients and employees at all times, with an emphasis on being responsive, timely, professional, and accurate.
- Assist with the supervision and development of team members as appropriate.
- Assist with planning and directing projects by communicating interactively with engagement team members, delegating work as appropriate, and reviewing and evaluating staff work.
- Continuously evaluate processes and procedures within the client services and implementation functions, with emphasis on implementing efficiencies and identification of internal control issues.
- Provide recommendations for business and technological process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Provide oversight and maintenance of accounting software when needed.
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share with colleagues as
- Participate in special projects when needed.
- Associates Degree, required. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, preferred.
- Four (4) plus years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting functions. Advanced knowledge of accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile financial records.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and to adapt to new situations by altering approach and methods.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills, outstanding business judgment, and ability to effectively communicate with clients, team members, and team leadership.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, rapidly changing environment, and to participate in complex initiatives.
- A highly professional demeanor and the ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.