Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Assistant - National Firm Leader
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant in Madison, WI to support the firm's National Public Sector Leader.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Firm Leader including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Manage the scheduling of events and meetings. As requested, attend meetings and take minutes.
- Work closely and effectively with the Firm Leader to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Filter Firm Leader's emails for matters that require immediate attention and send communications on behalf of the Firm Leader as needed.
- Ensure requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate person for response.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach. This will include providing general support to the leadership team, assisting the leadership team with ad hoc reporting, and other requests as needed.
- Generate organizational operating reports such as budget expenditures, statistical records of performance data, and other reports as needed.
- Assist in monitoring the progress of open items and projects. Handle sensitive and confidential information on a regular basis with discretion.
- Maintain paper-based and electronic files.
- Assist with the management of special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience supporting senior-level executives. Prior experience in a professional services firm, preferred.
- Desire and/or experience in working as part of a start-up or new venture, preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with frequent interruptions.
- Experience working with SalesForce.com, desirable.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service and exhibit a sense of urgency to complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively through ambiguity and change.
- Demonstrated level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) at the advanced level.
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends as needed.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.